Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Wolf Den: Must See DVD...Neil

From Contributing Editor Clay Riness
Editor In Chief, The Weary Wolf Journal


It's been out there for a few years now, but I can't tell you how much this concert moves me, or how much Neil Young has influenced me in my musical life.

For those who haven't seen it, Heart Of Gold is a performance at the historical Ryman Theatre in Nashville, and consists of two sets. The first set is a performance of his wonderful CD Prairie Wind (excluding one song), and the second set includes just about every acoustic hit or semi-hit he ever recorded.

Heart Of Gold is soulful and polished, and Neil shows through as the country/folk icon he truly is, and as a genius in the songwriting department. This performance, to me, is like comfort food.

Plus...when you've got Emmylou Harris as one of your background singers...well, I guess you must be pretty good.

Plug in, sit back, shake head in wonder.

1 comment: