Saturday, April 25, 2009

Another vote for Allison

Here's a blog I ran into....

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2008 http://www.themusicmeow.com/2008/11/allison-sattinger.html

Allison Sattinger
For the past several months, I have been listening to singer songwriter Allison Sattinger. I first found her among Terra Naomi's top MySpace friends. I figured if she was liked by one of my favorite YouTube-turned-major-label artists, I would probably like her as well. After listening to all the songs on her MySpace playlist and watching nearly every video on her YouTube account, I realized that "like" was the wrong word—I absolutely adore this woman's music.

Allison's lyrics are heartfelt and her music is piano pop with a Gospel edge. She writes about life, love, and love lost. No matter what she's singing, whether an original or cover, you always believe everything that passes her lips. Recently she did a cover of Billy Joel's "For the Longest Time" that had me in tears. Reading the comments posted beneath the YouTube video, I found I was not the only one touched by her rendition of the song.


Now if you are not familiar with Terra who is Allison's close friend in LA... here's one of my favorite songs of her's... and you haven't watched it... get going... this video has had 3,000,000+ views... where have you been... HA..

No comments:

Post a Comment