Friday, December 27, 2013

10 Top Covers of 2013

My top 10 covers of 2013*, oh my I love covers, including having bought Lissa Schneckenburger's CD called Covers, and the Tribute to John Denver, Music is You!  They really could have filled the entire top ten, but that would have been boring.  So what did the year hold? An incredible cover of Led Zeppelin's The Battle of Evermore, and my treat was hearing it live too... sounded a lot like this:



I of course should share the list:


Oh my there are 11... we'll eleven is better and louder than 10 and the last one you will not find anywhere because it was recorded live during our house concert.  A country tinged version with 3 part harmonies of the Beyonce's hit.

A few of these are covers of traditional songs like Tom Waits' cover of Shenadoah that I got off of a Noisetrade mix, or join the Dala Girls newsletter and get Red is the Rose, but if you spend $.99 on any song the one I think is the best is Nobody Knows.... It sure doesn't sound like this:




* Now anyone who knows my 2013 criteria is if I downloaded or bought it this year... I despise annual lists that forget about "LAST YEAR's" music like it has no value anymore to be discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment