Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Meander..








I meander down these streets
Soaking up the history
This little river town is home
It’s beauty is before me.

There were no building rules then
Do whatever that was up your hat.
Funny, just like God did with us
“Let’s try something like that!”

As I do with the people I meet
I peer deep in the house’s eyes
To find the brilliance or darkness
No facts here, but I editorialize.

The lawn unkempt and broken panes,
I could really restore her.
A tiny bungalow with cool back deck
I absolutely adore her.

A grand old two story brick,
Now this one intimidates me
A garden and fat cat in the window,
I wish there was room for me.

Life is too short to waste
But if meander you way thru
You’ll have a chance to catch life
From a character or two.

By Dave Schipper © 2009 Rose Riversongs…
Photo Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment