Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Meg Hutchinson Video: Travel In

Guest correspondent Heather here again!

I love going to a concert for an already favorite singer and being introduced to a new favorite singer. That was what happened this weekend when I went to see Catie Curtis (side note, as of this writing Catie has a picture up on her website front page of when she sang back up for Cyndi Lauper to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun with Rufus Wainwright and Thelma Houston at one of Obama's inaugural balls. For reals. I wouldn't even know how to start making this up.)

Meg Hutchinson was opening for Catie. She started off with a song that struck me with its really powerful images. On the drive home, while I loved every song, I was a little disappointed not to hear that particular song on my newly bought Meg Hutchinson CD. So I got online and started looking for it, I knew it was something about "travel deep". Well praise YouTube, I finally found a video of Meg performing it live for a radio station WNRN. Looks like she hasn't recorded it yet, so in the meantime this will do quite nicely, thank you!

Meg Hutchinson performing Travel In:

She's a writer's songwriter, such a poet, don't you think?

Heather blogs weekly about female singer-songwriters on LyricalVenus.com

2 comments:

  1. Great recommendation on Meg... It had been a while since I heard her name. I found her in my Rose River friends and not in the Zeman friends. Another great Boston singer... I should move there when I retire in 20 years, HA.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, yeah Boston seems to have a GREAT music scene!

    ReplyDelete