Monday, March 10, 2014

2014 next big hit.

Show in the beginning of my journey of 40 days of new music, I read the USA Today today, yes the real physical paper, and found this article http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2014/03/09/which-song-is-shaping-up-as-the-years-inescapable-hit/5879601/  Patrick Ryan gave evidence of four potentials.... well true to my nature I picked the obscure one, Best Day of my Life by American Authors that only had 5.7 million Youtube views.

I gave it one more and you should too... it'll make number six as soon I update this blog and go buy it. What Patrick wrote:

Why it could be the song of 2014: With its upbeat melody and winsome charm,Best Day of My Life is well on its way to finding the top 20 success of other folk-rock hits such as The Lumineers' Ho Hey and Of Monsters and Men's Little Talks. Although it was released last March, the song may be propelled by its appearance in TV commercials for Lowe's and Hyundai, and American Authors' just-released debut album, Oh, What a Life. "We're approaching summer — definitely a good time for a feel-good record with a good message," says Yahoo Music senior editor Billy Johnson Jr. While it's taken some time to gain momentum, "there's still more life to the song. It has all the right qualities to (hit No. 1)."




No comments:

Post a Comment