Saturday, January 12, 2013

Perseverance by Michele McLaughlin performed by Dustin Schipper

This might be the last summer our 22 year our hanged with us rather than his own rental unit in college. He had recaptured his love of playing the piano, and he played several songs over and over. This song my Michele McLaughlin was a favorite. I convinced him to allow me to record him so that I could share it with his Grandma and others who just don't see him that often. He made one slight flaw and it was all I could do to have him let me not delete it. Girls, he'll be a degreed Artist working his way to an Architect degree; and he's single up in Eau Claire yet. Doesn't know where graduate school will take him. The cool thing about YouTube is that the composer Michele McLaughlin commented from her site. She's a wonderful artist. Dustin has been playing piano off and on since he was four when he studied with Jack Wallace, the most patient piano teacher who is trained the Suzuki method. Thanks to Jack we also have a video of Dustin playing Two Worlds from a Disney movie when he was about 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment