Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Alli Rogers

I'd like to introduce you to Alli Rogers. She is someone that I follow her blog, and know I need to get to know her music more. I need more time, there are so many good artists. One of her blogs touched me so that I needed to share it with you, but of course... I'm teasing you with just the beginning. She not only writes a list, she opens up her heart and tells why.





Songs that move me
Once when I asked my friend Don Chaffer what record he recommend I download from itunes with a gift card he answered, "Ah, whenever I have an itunes gift card I just buy something that moves me." Sounds easy but it makes me think of Tom Hanks in You've Got Mail when he says something (sarcastically) about how easy it is to find "the one single person in the world who fills your heart with joy".

I suppose love finds us more than we find love. And I often feel that way about music. Here is a handful of songs that have found me at one time or another. I remember where I was the first time I heard all of them and songs like this become a part of who we are, I think. There are many more and hopefully will continue to be, but here are a few. Click here to read the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment