Saturday, February 1, 2014

It was that kind of day...

First I played music for my first funeral.  A beautiful 30 year old teacher lady with two great kids and the nicest husband who also is a teacher.  We played this song written by Tommy Walker, and Jenny's name was spliced into it...



Then I had the house alone... and I got out the equipment:


Of course I shared this in Facebook saying "Guess what will go on during a quiet house?" and Rusty James posted this hilarious video. She noticed one yesterday, and then the next the day they were everywhere...



First up... a Wild Mountain Thyme.. a song that is old enough it could have been played during Downton Abbey.  The lyrics I downloaded had Blooming Heather, and I changed it to Purple Heather in honor Jenny's favorite color.



Finally I had a chance to record Tom Paxton's "The last thing on my mind".. and I was amazed it's in it's 50th anniversary year.




No comments:

Post a Comment