Friday, July 31, 2009

Nine Inch Nail (cover)

Ok this is a very rare song and it shouldn't be... it was written by Dustin Bentall and Ridley Bent... to great performers up in Canada. I love it because it weaves music into our every day love life. I can't listen to many Gordon Lightfoot songs without thinking of Donna... and God that was nearly 30 years ago.

As I said in the video... my cover is not expecting you to run out and buy my stuff, but to search these two guys down, and tell them to record the piece. I heard and recorded it from a radio show highlighting the Grand Cariboo Opry, and it was a hilarious live studio show.

It has such a great line, "She got my Nine pound hammer, and I got her Nine Inch Nails."

Here I'll help you find them:
http://www.dustinbentall.com/
http://www.ridleybent.ca/

Of course... as I'm looking... Ridley might have recorded it because he won an award for it:

January 15, 2009 - Ridley wins Independent Music Award for "Nine Inch Nails"
Ridley Bent has been named as the winner of the Country - Song category for the release "Nine Inch Nails" in the 8th Annual Independent Music Awards.

But I still can't find it on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment